Jun 23, 2009

My Fave Software

I've been working at Experimental Station for River for almost 3 years, and I think there is no reason to not use one of most powerful hydraulic software like HEC RAS. My first experience was when I tried to simulate water profile level at Pulubala river system. As a first case, I consider to not to be afraid to the result, or focusing too much on perfection. While the program running and not meet any errors, I'll shout hooray! Till now I have performed several projects on various type of river to simulate.



And at recent times I often ask to myself 'how to make my model run perfectly?'. Thus, I studied the user guide, hydraulic references and also practicing the examples. Within months I make any types of model and run it in different input. And then I think, well..this is a great tools! When I want to know how high the water profile is in a channel, I just run it. Excel is not necessary anymore :)

I use HEC version 3.1.3 right now. I know there is beta version (4.0), but when I like one tool, I prefer to enjoy it first and stick with it.

D'you have your own fave software?

pic source: here

0 comments:

Post a Comment