Mar 18, 2009

How do I Look?

Telling stories is often an underrated art, but I think, our life is made up of a sequence of stories. And, to tell a story well for me is often as difficult as bring this headache to a logical phrases and sentences. So I guess, I don't find that surprising since in the end these facts that I'll do it with the same thing but in different ways. That's an intermezzo for today posting, err-is it relevant?


It is for me an unusual and exceptional privilege to write an English blog, and it is even more of a privilege when this blog is 'my face to the world', ouch! How do I look? This saying is especially true when one is already grown up and learning a foreign language as is the case of Indonesian like me who have to learn English for my career.

For your interpretation, my mind has been drilled and disciplined to hear and perceive Indonesian language habits quickly and spontaneously, they are made, unconsciously of course, not to hear or pay attention to any sound or structures not belonging to those with which they are familiar. And as a result, you may guess, my linguistic habits keep interfering in the use of English or they apply wrongly. Therefore, the inevitably make errors and mistakes, sometimes to extent of blunders and foolish laughable mistakes (please, don't laugh at me, but laugh with me, *lol*). Yes, I realize it as I unaware about how other blogs looked like.

Again, how do I look? Please, be honest..

pic source: geekologie

my signature

3 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

I think it's awesome and I Do understand what you mean.
You are looking great.
I like the picture with the blur.
I think it's cool that you are writing a blog in another language other than your own.

I would try to write one in Spanish but I don't think the people who actually speak Spanish would understand it.

the_young_dude said...

keep learning! :-)

Dendy Darin said...

@Sheila: Thanks for support. I hope every visitors feel what you feel now, because I just still not confident..
And you know, you burn my spirit again!!

@the_young_dude: I'm learning a lot from your blog, I register for bookblogs anyway, thanks for mentioned. I'll enjoy my existence there.

Post a Comment