Apr 8, 2009

Priority, Priority!

In these rush days I have to handle more tasks than ever before. I found it more and more difficult to keep track of the many tasks needed to be accomplished in order to keep each job running on schedule. New jobs almost come in every day, old jobs go out and existing orders remain in various stages of completion. Often I receive tasks from more than one person or source, and each person who gives me work believes that his or her task should have highest priority. Sometimes I wonder how can I manage multiple priorities more effectively? Because it start to make me insane! 

May be the most important idea is to keep what I need convenient and get rid of everything I don't need. I think this is a crucial point and I don’t wanna trapped inside this vicious circle. I have worked for four years and still learn how to prioritize my tasks. Because this requires coordination with bosses, coworkers and subordinates, that I don’t have talent at those skills, I perforcedly move my intention on it.

Sun Tzu, in "The Art of War" advises: "What enables the good general to strike and conquer, and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge."

And that is exactly what I'm looking for right now...

4 comments:

Devi Girsang, MD said...

Or perhaps it's a sign that you need a secretary :P Anyway what happened to your new cute template?

Darin said...

Secretary? That's a good idea, but I afraid if can't pay her enough :D
THAT template makes me nuts!

Unknown said...

:)

if you get a solution to this problem let me know too !!

~Sheila~ said...

Will you share if you find it. I think we all could use a little bit too.

Post a Comment